To prepare the sauce:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Peel the butternut squash, carefully chop into small cubes, then add to a
3. Add the onion. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread out on the
tray. Now add the garlic bulb.
4. Roast for about 40 minutes or until it’s cooked and golden brown. Remove
the garlic after 20 minutes.
5. Reserve a quarter of the roast squash.
To make the sauce:
1. Add the roast squash, tomato purée, paprika, salt, almond milk, olive oil, nutritional yeast and the peeled roast garlic to a food processor. Blitz until
you get a creamy sauce.
2. Add a little water for a looser consistency, then transfer to a saucepan.
3. Sauté the mushrooms with the oil in a pan. Fry until soft, then season with salt
4. Cook the pasta following pack instructions, and drain.
5. If you’re adding vegan bacon, cook according to the pack instructions.
6. Add the pasta to the sauce in the pan and stir and heat gently.
7. Top with the roast squash, mushrooms and bacon.